Friday, December 10, 2010

Logitech RMA - Big Thumbs Up

My Logitech G5 Laser Mouse has been tracking erratically for the last few months. I was waiting for a sale to pick up a G500 to replace it, but I remembered that my old mouse could still be under warranty.

Calling their customer support line, I was able to speak to a human being after only three computer prompts and no time on hold! Amazing. Giving the serial number of my mouse, the agent confirmed that I was still covered. He went through the routine diagnostics that were probably standard protocol. I could tell he knew I was tech savvy enough to troubleshoot the situation myself and that it was indeed a hardware problem. He whipped up the RMA request, and four hours later I had a UPS shipping label in my email from Logitech to send my old mouse back to them. I dropped by the UPS Store in town later in the day and the gentleman there got my old mouse packed up and shipped.

They are sending me a G500 as a replacement as soon as my old mouse has been returned. It's probably going to be a refurb, but it's a nice free upgrade after nearly three years, and really shows how much Logitech stands behind their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment