Thursday, November 25, 2010

Cut the Rope version 1.1 Released

One of my favourite iPhone games, Chillingo's Cut the Rope, was recently updated. The object of game is to deliver a piece of candy to the game's mascot, a cute monster, named "Om nom", by cutting ropes that suspend the candy. The original release featured 100 puzzles spread across four different "boxes". The 1.1 release brings 25 more puzzles in the Cosmic Box. Although I haven't achieved three stars on all 100 levels of the original yet, the game felt a bit short, so I was eagerly awaiting the release of 1.1 and new levels to tackle. (more after the jump)



The new levels provide an interesting new physics aspect, a button that inverts gravity. Having just played the first few levels, this new element definitely adds challenge to the puzzles. I found myself having to think hard about my strategy, as the solution wasn't as obvious as in previous level sets.



1.1 also adds 10 more Game Center achievements, although, mine is still bugged. I have the achievement for cutting 800 ropes, but not the one for cutting 100. The OCD part of me was hoping the achievement bugs would get ironed out, but the update is certainly fantastic. If you aren't amongst the 1.5 million people who already have this game, go get it NOW! Seriously, it's a must have. Cut the rope 1.1 is a free update for existing users, and $0.99 for new customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment